The MSC as bearers of the love of Christ to the world and inspired by their foundress Saint Frances Cabrini, who was proclaimed the Patroness of Immigrants in 1950 , are committed to responsible fiscal and moral stewardship of temporal goods to support the needs of the world’s most vulnerable populations, including women, children, frail elders and immigrants.
On the needs of those who are forced to migrate due to poverty, climate change, lack of work or racial and religious persecution the MSC’s Impact Investing effort, a form of investing that generates positive social and/or environmental impact and financial return, supports a variety of sectors including between others renewable energy.
In this regard a second webinar is organized by the Catholic Impact Investing Collaborative (CIIC).
It will give an overview of how Catholic religious orders, organisations and individuals can make investments with positive environmental and social impacts. It will seek to inform those who are new to impact investing and be the first stage in the process of developing a community of those interested in supporting Catholic impact investing in the UK, Ireland and across Europe.
The Catholic Impact Investing Pledge, a formal commitment launched by the Catholic Impact Investing Collaborative (CIIC) in 2019, currently has 26 signatories, including nine groups based in the UK and Ireland.
WEBINAR: October 21, 2020 | 10:00 – 11:30 AM CST / 4:00 – 5:00 PM BST
Speakers on the webinar include:
• Lord Deben, Chair of UK’s Committee on Climate Change)
• Dr Sr Gemma Simmonds CJ, Director of Religious Life Institute at University of Cambridge
• Neil Thorns, Director of Advocacy and Communications at CAFOD
• Sr Pat Daly OP, Former Executive Director of Tri-State Coalition for Responsible Investment
• Shaun Cooper, Head of Finance at Franciscan Missionaries of the Divine Motherhood
• Victoria Carrion, Director of Membership & Partnerships at CIIC
Photo from Green Finance Platform