The Missionary Sisters are a worldwide, mission-driven and faith-based congregation of Catholic women. The Institute was founded in 1880 by a passionate and bold woman – Saint Frances Xavier Cabrini – whose one desire was to communicate, demonstrate, and make known the love and mercy of Jesus Christ through tangible acts of love, mercy and justice.
From its humble beginnings in Italy, the Institute now exists in 17 countries. In a dynamic effort to respond to the unmet needs of the many people excluded from basic human rights, the Missionary Sisters sponsor many endeavors, including: schools, hospitals and clinics, spirituality centers; low income housing for the elderly; and community-based immigrant and social services.
The Missionary Sisters – together with all those who share in the missionary activity – have one vision: to be and demonstrate love where love is missing and to be a sign of hope where hope is lacking.