Beneficial Returns makes loans to social enterprises that alleviate poverty and protect the natural environmental in Latin America and Southeast Asia. Beneficial Returns’ loans finance revenue-producing and cost-saving equipment. Borrowers come from four industries: 1.) sustainable agriculture 2.) renewable energy 3.) waste management 4.) sanitation and health.
Some of these social enterprises include:
- EcoFiltro (Guatemala) – manufactures and sells clean water filters
- Ilumexico (Mexico) – provides solar home systems to rural Mexican communities without electricity
- Guayaki (Brazil) – produces yerba mate drinks sold in the United States while protecting the 200,000 acres of rainforest and providing 1,000 fair wage jobs
- Sistema Bio (Mexico) – builds and sells cost-saving biogas digesters for small-scale farmers
- Nazava (Indonesia) – sells affordable and easy to use water filters
For more information, please visit Beneficial Return’s website: https://www.beneficialreturns.com/.