At present Sr. Thérèse is the Spiritual Director at the Good Shepherd Peace Center in Kit, South Sudan, and part of the Pastoral Team at Solidarity with South Sudan. She is involved in on-going formation, spiritual direction and directed retreats, as well as other trauma healing and accompaniment of persons and groups as requested at the Center. The Center’s purpose is empowerment towards reconciliation, peace and unity among persons and groups, in this newest of nations on earth, South Sudan.
Sister Thérèse Hope (Terezinha Esperança) Merandi is a dual citizenship MSC (USA, Brasil), living and working in South Sudan at present. 40 years of her missionary life has been involved in religious formation ministry.
Read the latest news about South Sudan
- St. Daniel Comboni’s Feast in South SudanWe started our week by celebrating St. Daniel Comboni’s Day, … Read more
- Serving Refugees in South SudanTo be a “refugee” in your own country is a … Read more
- Sister Thérèse Hope Merandi, MSC answers to the question “Why do you stay in religious life? What gives you hope?” – by Global Sisters ReportWhy not? Why not stay in religious life! I have … Read more
- Pope Francis’s Desired Journey to South SudanThe Holy Father, Pope Francis, is coming to South Sudan, … Read more
- “Solidarity with South Sudan”association and MSC InstituteOn the occasion of World Human Rights Day, we share … Read more