Uganda is part of the MSC Holy Spirit Region.
In 2019 we opened a new mission in Dzaipi, in the North of Uganda.
Uganda is the country in the world which has accepted the greatest number of Refugees in the world.
The Arua Diocese has Settlements which are home to 1,200,000 Refugees.
They work along with other local and international organizations.
The Sisters serve the local population as well as the many South Sudanese refugees hosted in the region, by providing education, livelihood, and pastoral services.
The Sisters work with various group at Dzaipi Parish and in the chapels established in the refugee settlements. They meet with various groups in the chapels (catechists, youth, women, etc.) to provide formation, guidance and material support for maintaining the chapels.
Heart Ministries is prioritizing pastoral work with youths, the majority of the population in the settlements and in the host communities, and those who may be more affected by lack of engagement if not in school nor working.
In the settlement, the Sisters also helped renovating the Holy Family Pre school, teaching and supporting the school materials and the feeding program.
They also sponsor 20 youth to complete their secondary education in local schools, engaging families in this process of support.
Women are often alone in the refugee settlements, and they have little support in taking care of their family needs. With limited resources and few opportunities for a stable employment, they often struggle to provide for their children.The Sisters work with women groups and provides formation, entrepreneurial support, vocational training and seed funding to start small income generating activities.
Pastoral Work Mission
- Dzaipi MSC Community
- Holy Family Nursery School in Pagirinya Refugees’ Settlement
- Scholarship Program for High school students in the parish of Dzaipi and in Pagirinya Refugees Settlement
- Pastoral work in the parish of Dzaipi and in Pagirinya Refugees Settlement
- Women’s Group in Pagirinya Refugees’ Settlement
- Youth Group in the MSC community, in the parish of Dzaipi and in Pagirinya Refugees Settlement
Read the latest news about Uganda
- Assemblea HSR e missioniDal 4 al 7 dicembre quaranta tra suore e laici … Read more
- Cabrini CenterCabrini Center Opening Celebration Day
- Sr. Tigist Hailemariam in UgandaSince the beginning of February, when I arrived in Uganda, … Read more
- 1st April – Uganda and United StatesA new program for refugee women is being developed in … Read more
- Meeting of six Group of Women on the Refugees Settlement, UgandaOn December 9, 2022, a big celebration took place at … Read more
- Feast of St. Cabrini in Dzaipi, UgandaSt. Cabrini’s Feast in Dzaipi was wonderful! A group of … Read more