To be bearers of the love of Christ in the world – this is the gift of the Holy Spirit to the people of God. This gift is concretely revealed and expressed through the lives and testimony of St. Frances Xavier Cabrini and the vowed members of the Missionary Sisters of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, in collaboration with Cabrini Lay Missionaries (CLMs), Cabrini Mission Corps missioners, Cabrini Companions, and women and men collaborators in ministry.
Bearers of the Love of Christ in the World
Together, attracted by this charism, we share in a variety of ministries through which we strive to be faithful witnesses of Christ’s love in the world.
For Frances Cabrini, the world was too small and no endeavor too large for her missionary zeal.
She healed divisions between God and humanity, bound the world’s wounds, and communicated to all people the certainty of God’s abiding mercy and love. As participants in this same charism in the Cabrinian Family, we – religious and laity alike – feel a responsibility to continue this reconciling presence in today’s world through a commitment to live the attitudes and desires of the heart of Jesus in our own lives.
At its core, this commitment implies nothing less than a desire to love as Jesus loved, with the total self-gift of our lives, seeking to reach those most vulnerable, neglected, or marginalized.
With God’s grace working in us as in Frances before us, this is our ideal:
No work will be too difficult, no land too distant, no person too wounded for the love of the heart of Jesus and for all those invited to be bearers of the love of Christ in the world.
Read an insight on Mother Cabrini’s relics HERE.
“Although her constitution was very frail, her spirit was endowed with such singular strength that, knowing the will of God in her regard, she permitted nothing to impede her from accomplishing what seemed to be beyond the strength of a woman.”~ Excerpt from “Immigrant Saint The Life of Mother Cabrini” by Pietro Di Donato
Become a Missionary
If your heart is leading you to consider life as a religious Sister and you have the desire to be sent, to serve, to be a bearer of Christ’s love in the world, we invite you to get to know us better!
Read the latest news about Mother Cabrini
- Cabrini MovieThese weeks we are witnessing the promotion of Alejandro Monteverde’s … Read more
- Thanks for your love for Mother CabriniWe wanted to sincerely thank everyone who contacted us through … Read more
- « Oggi c’è una rabbia nuova. Mi sento investita di un ruolo»Con Marcella è entrata nella Storia. Romana Maggiora Vergano, che … Read more
- 13 and 14 November feasts of Mother Cabrini and the InstituteWith great joy, the community of the Missionaries of the … Read more
- Celebrations on November 13 and 14Today and tomorrow are two very important holidays for the … Read more
- 𝙁𝒆𝙖𝒔𝙩 𝘿𝒂𝙮 𝙋𝒓𝙖𝒚𝙚𝒓Heart of Jesus, we thank you for this opportunity as … Read more
- Mother Cabrini’s Feast ScheduleMother Cabrini’s Feast is November 13. This year we will celebrate … Read more
- The Feast of All SaintsA few days from now marks the Foundation of our … Read more