Nicaragua is part of the MSC Guadalupe Province.
The Missionary Sisters of the Sacred Heart of Jesus first began working in Nicaragua in 1891 when Mother Cabrini founded a school for girls in Granada. The Missionary Sisters who followed developed apostolates in response to the needs of the people. Over the last decades they continued to faithfully and courageously accompany the poor and marginalized through a series of tumultuous and often revolutionary events. Missionary Sisters of the Sacred Heart of Jesus founded two schools which provide much needed educational opportunities to children living in impoverished areas.
Managua is a densely populated urban area. Students who attend the school are from various economic backgrounds, though most are poor. In some rare cases students have school scholarships, while others receive family remittance because they are in the care of other family members such as aunts and uncles or grandparents. This mostly occurs when parents are working out of the country.
- 2 schools : Instituto técnica “La Inmaculada” and Escuela Sagrada Familia Numero 1
- 1 school for rent
- Asociacion Congregacion Hermanas Misioneras del Sagrado Corazon de Jesus
- 2 communities
- 1 Convent
- Holiday home
Read the latest news about Nicaragua
- Love and Resilience – Being a farmer in NicaraguaIn a small village in Nicaragua, where we are missioning and serving people, there is this farmer…
- Santa Francisca Cabrini Province 2021 HighlightsMay the Christmas party strengthen us to let shine, in the year 2022, the image of “God…
- Mass in St. Frances Cabrini Shrine NYCJoin us following the 11am Mass on Sunday, February 26 to get an update from Sr. Yolanda…