The main sources of Saint Frances Xavier Cabrini are her manuscripts, only some of which have been published.
We sought to identify and follow the essential lines of the birth, development, and maturing of the powerful belief that invigorated her being and her work within the many elements of the Cabrinian soul and their deep spiritual meaning.
Writings of St. Frances Cabrini
Among her writings, we highlight:
- Pensieri e Propositi (Journal of a Trusting Heart, Retreat Notes), 1876-1911
- Tra un’onda e l’altra – Viaggi (To the Ends of the Earth)
- La Stella del Mattino – Strenne (Gift Books)
- Epistolario (Epistolary)
- Esortazioni (Exhortations), 1954
- Riforme per giorni di Santo Ritiro (Reforms)
The Cradle of the Institute
The cradle of the Missionary Sisters’ Institute is in Codogno, Italy. It is also a going concern where many new initiatives of the Institute have come to fruition such as:
- A House of Prayer
- A residence for the elderly
- A Center of Spirituality
This is our beginning, our foundation, where we began as a congregation. This Cabrini Museum houses many artifacts from the life of Mother Cabrini.
As you walk around the museum , you may find yourself transported to the distant countries that Cabrini visited, or perhaps, you may gain insight into the person of Frances Cabrini through her Missionary Travels.
If you stop in the room adjacent to the museum, you can take the time to kneel and say a prayer, feeling the presence of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and Mother Cabrini.
Birthplace of Cabrini
In addition, the birthplace of Francesca Cabrini in Sant’Angelo Lodigiano can also be visited.
Read the latest news about Mother Cabrini
- Grace in the Midst of a StormA Second Journey to New York: 1890 The storm rolled…
- Feast of PentecostLord, send our out your Spirit and renew the face…
- The month of May dedicated to MaryMother Cabrini had a deep and affectionate relationship with the…
- Mother Cabrini and the Coronation ProcessionsMembers of the Cabrini family in London, and indeed further…
- Persecution and AttacksA Loan, Lies, and a Lawsuit Mere weeks after the…
- On Mother Cabrini First Holy CommunionDrawn at a young age to the love of God,…
- Mother Cabrini Arrives in NicaraguaIn 1891, Mother Cabrini traveled with 28 Missionary Sisters from…
- Retracing Mother Cabrini’s FootstepsOn February 20th, the President’s Holiday in the USA, we…