The main sources of Saint Frances Xavier Cabrini are her manuscripts, only some of which have been published.
We sought to identify and follow the essential lines of the birth, development, and maturing of the powerful belief that invigorated her being and her work within the many elements of the Cabrinian soul and their deep spiritual meaning.
Writings of St. Frances Cabrini
Among her writings, we highlight:
- Pensieri e Propositi (Journal of a Trusting Heart, Retreat Notes), 1876-1911
- Tra un’onda e l’altra – Viaggi (To the Ends of the Earth)
- La Stella del Mattino – Strenne (Gift Books)
- Epistolario (Epistolary)
- Esortazioni (Exhortations), 1954
- Riforme per giorni di Santo Ritiro (Reforms)
The Cradle of the Institute
The cradle of the Missionary Sisters’ Institute is in Codogno, Italy. It is also a going concern where many new initiatives of the Institute have come to fruition such as:
- A House of Prayer
- A residence for the elderly
- A Center of Spirituality
This is our beginning, our foundation, where we began as a congregation. This Cabrini Museum houses many artifacts from the life of Mother Cabrini.
As you walk around the museum , you may find yourself transported to the distant countries that Cabrini visited, or perhaps, you may gain insight into the person of Frances Cabrini through her Missionary Travels.
If you stop in the room adjacent to the museum, you can take the time to kneel and say a prayer, feeling the presence of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and Mother Cabrini.
Birthplace of Cabrini
In addition, the birthplace of Francesca Cabrini in Sant’Angelo Lodigiano can also be visited.
Read the latest news about Mother Cabrini
- October 2nd is Mother Cabrini Day in ColoradoHave you been to Mother Cabrini Shrine lately? Come and…
- Countess Sarah Maria Aloisa Spottiswood Mackin and the MSC in Paris125 years ago, on 29th September 1898, Mother Cabrini established…
- A Wall, a Pickaxe, and a Willing AttitudeExpanding Horizons “Why do you need to add to this…
- Mother Cabrini Honors St. RoseIn October of 1895, Mother Cabrini and a companion, Mother Chiara, set forth from Panama…
- Di Sanzo: con il professor Candeloro per ricordare l’importante contributo delle donne italiane all’estero“Nella Sala Stampa di Montecitorio, ho promosso l’incontro dal titolo…
- Madre Cabrini, la patrona de los inmigrantesFrances Cabrini nació en el norte de Italia el 15 de julio…
- A Bullet on a Train“Didn’t I write and tell you that I am alive…
- Mary, “friend” of humanity, woman of immense joys and sorrowsby Elena Bulzi Gold, blue, red. These are the chromatic…